Terms of Service
These Terms of Service (henceforth referred to as "terms") govern your use of skindragon.net (henceforth referred to as "SKIN DRAGON", "this site", "the site") under its officers (henceforth referred to as "we" or "us"). By using SKIN DRAGON you are agreeing in full and without reservation to these Terms of Service. By accessing or using the site, you are confirming your unconditional acceptance of the following terms of service. If you do not agree to the terms, you are not authorized to use this site.
Limitations of Use
- You must be 18 years or older to bet using Embers. There is no requirement for using Ash.
- You must reside in a country, state, or province which allows gambling in order to play using Embers. There is no requirement for using Ash.
- If you use Embers and we have reason to believe that you do not meet these requirements, we will freeze your account and ask for proof. Proof includes a scan of a government issued ID card (driver's license, passport, etc).
- Materials on the site are the intellectual property of SKIN DRAGON and its officers. You will not use any materials on the site without explicit, written permission from us.
- SKIN DRAGON is not affiliated with Steam or Valve Corporation.
- Additional materials from partners and 3rd parties are the property of those partners and 3rd parties. This includes event and team logos. SKIN DRAGON uses these under fair use.
- You will not use the site in any way which is unlawful, fraudulent, harmful, or potentially harmful to SKIN DRAGON or its officers.
- You will not post in chat anything that is unlawful or harmful. This includes but is not limited to: threats, personal information, harassment, links to copyrighted material ("warez"), etc.
- You will NOT post in chat anything that advertises other sites. This includes but is not limited to referral links and promo codes.
Embers and Ash virtual currencies
- Both Embers and Ash are virtual currencies with no physical value.
- Embers may be traded via the site for Ogre Coins usable on skinogre.com.
- Ash is a play currency which can be infinitely restored once it reaches 0, via your profile page.
- Ash cannot be traded for anything and cannot be transferred.
Bets and Payouts
- We do not take a house cut or commission on any match bets. The house cut 0%.
- Your potential winnings are calculated based on the current "odds" of the match. Odds are calculated based on the total combined bets of all participants:
OddsOfTeamA = TotalBetsOnTeamB / TotalBetsOnTeamA * 100% OddsOfTeamB = 100% - OddsOfTeamA
- A loser of a match will lose the entirety of their original wager.
- A winner of a match bet will receive their original wager, plus a portion of the total losers' wagers based on the amount that the winner bet. The exact algorithm is:
YourWinnings = YourOriginalBet + YourOriginalBet / TotalBetsOnWinners * TotalBetsOnLosers
- In the unlikely event that nobody bets on one of the teams, all wagers are returned.
- If the amount of winnings is a decimal number, it is rounded down, unless it would be 0, in which case it is rounded up. This is less than a penny.
- The minimum bet is 0.10 and the maximum bet is 1,000.00 Embers or Ash.
- You can increase your current bet, but you cannot decrease it or cancel it.
- You can switch the team of your wager up to 4 times.
- You are responsible for your own research. We will provide the league names, league logos, team names, team logos, and match start times. We do not guarantee the accuracy of any of this information nor do we guarantee the odds generated on the site are the actual, statistical odds of each team winning.
- It is not possible to bet or change your bet after the scheduled start time for the match.
- If the start time for an existing match is changed to the future then bets will be unlocked until the new start time.
- We follow the decisions of the match organizer for determining the winner, unless it would conflict with our other rules.
- In the event of the final score being a tie, the match will be cancelled and all wagers returned.
- If a team decides to continue playing with a stand-in or through technical problems, the result will remain.
- If a team forfeits, the match will be cancelled and all wagers returned.
- If a match has already started and it has been postponed longer than 48 hours after the original start time, the match will be cancelled and all wagers returned. A new match will be put up with fresh odds.
- If a match has yet to start and is postponed longer than 24 hours, the match will be cancelled and all wagers returned. A new match will be put up with fresh odds.
- If a match is a default win, the match will be cancelled and all wagers returned.
- If a match has already been drafted and the match organizers decide to have a rematch, the original decision will remain and we will not host the rematch.
- If a player is accused of hacking, we will contact the match organizer for their decision for a cancellation. If no decision is made, we will draft according to the original results.
- If we suspect match fixing or throwing, we will not draft until we have investigated it ourselves. In the event that we believe match fixing or throwing was involved, we will cancel the match and return all wagers.
- You will not do anything that could cause unrest or harassment to us or other users of the site. Harassment will not be tolerated.
- You will not advertise other websites without our explicit, written permission.
- You will make no attempts at scamming us or other users.
- We may take action against you in the form of temporary or permanent bans, which may fully or partially remove your ability to use the site AND YOU WILL NOT BE REIMBURSED DUE TO THE LOSS OF ABILITY TO USE IT.
- Users who are banned or frozen may have all their current active match wagers CANCELLED!
Returns and Refunds
- We offer absolutely no returns or refunds.
- We are under no obligation to reverse transactions.
- If you lose Embers through some sort of mistake on our part, we may assist you through support but there are no guarantees that you will be reimbursed.
Limitations of Liability
- SKIN DRAGON and its officers, agents, licensors, and associates will not be held liable for any losses, direct or indirect, that you suffer due to the use, misuse, inability to use, or lack of use of the site by yourself or others.
- We will not be held liable for any losses, direct or indirect, that you suffer from sponsors, other users, or partners of SKIN DRAGON.
- The security of your Steam account is your responsibility and we will not be held accountable for losses due to your Steam account being compromised by a 3rd party.
- We reserve the right to deny or revoke partial or full access to the site from you without warning, for any or no reason, at any time, and we will not be held responsible for any losses that arise from your inability to use the site.
- By using this site you affirm that you are using it at your own risk.
Right to Change
- We reserve the right to change these Terms of Service at any time, for any reason, and the new Terms of Service will be effective immediately upon being published here.
- By continuing to use the site after the terms change, you are affirming your consent to such changes.
- If you do not agree to the new terms then you must discontinue use of the site immediately as you are no longer authorized to use the site.